One of the reasons why customers come to us for tree work in Surrey and West Sussex is that we always perform a thorough and professional job. While most tree surgery companies may leave stumps behind to decay naturally after felling a tree, we understand that this can be an eyesore for homeowners and may even get in the way of your gardening plans. That is why we use a wide array of the best stump grinding machinery on the market, from the smallest stump grinders that fit through doorways, to large stump grinders for site clearances.
This enables us to remove the stump without affecting the immediate surroundings or leaving a huge hole in the ground, and means that homeowners around Cranleigh, Godalming, Weybridge and the neighbouring towns can instantly turf or pave over the area.
Although it is possible to grub out a small stump by hand, use a chemical to poison it or allow it to slowly rot into oblivion, we find these methods of stump removal inefficient and even harmful to the ecosystem.
Using stump grinding equipment, however, offers several advantages over other techniques.
Some of these include:
• Quick and Efficient – Rather than wait years for unsightly stumps to decay naturally, it can take mere hours for our tree work experts to grind down even the largest stumps. This is particularly helpful during site clearances prior to construction works
• Aesthetic Appeal – While some customers around Cobham, Cranleigh, Godalming, Guildford and Weybridge like to make stumps a feature of their garden, others find them unsightly and pointless
• Safer – While the actual stump grinding machinery itself could be dangerous in untrained hands, allowing a stump to rot may result in insect infestations or fungi growth, both of which can be harmful to pets and children. Likewise, using chemicals for stump removals can have a harmful impact on the environment
• Neater – Tree stumps can get in the way while you’re mowing the lawn. They can also encourage weed growth and even sprouts and shoots from the stump itself, which will require regular maintenance to keep your garden in Cobham, Guildford or Weybridge neat and tidy
• Environmentally Friendly – With all tree work we undertake around Cranleigh, Godalming and the surrounding areas, we always consider the environmental impact. Stump grinding pulverises even the most stubborn stumps into sawdust and wood chippings, which makes excellent garden mulch. In addition, when a customer wants us to take away this waste material, we give it to the firewood division of our company, where our expert personnel use wood chippings to fuel their biomass kiln driers to produce kiln dried logs
Whether you have an old stump in your garden or you want us to finish the job after a tree felling, our stump grinding machinery handles stump removals in no time at all, leaving you to sit back and relax in your outside space.
If you wish to turf over the area where your newly removed tree stump once stood, we also specialise in reseeding. This will help to create a better flow throughout your garden. Alternatively, we will happily plant a new tree of your choosing, as part of our replanting service.