LJN Ltd undertakes a wide range of tree works for customers throughout the Surrey and West Sussex regions. Our dedicated personnel share generations of experience undertaking such tree surgery tasks as tree felling, pollarding, crown thinning and more. We also have the training and qualifications to operate a variety of equipment and machinery in a safe and responsible manner.
Based in Ewhurst and Cranleigh, we carry out tree work for domestic households and commercial businesses locally, as well as in Cobham, Guildford and the surrounding areas. Some of our clientele include Chelsea FC, Veyron London, AFC Wimbledon, Crystal Palace FC, HM Prison Service and Knight Frank Estate Agents, who come to us for a friendly and professional service they can rely on.
We deliver high-quality results with every task we perform, which keeps our clients coming back to us time and again. Please navigate this website for examples of our previous work in the area.
Some of the tree surgery services we offer include:
• Pollarding – This is a specific type of tree work, which involves removing the upper branches of trees around Cranleigh, Guildford or the surrounding areas, to promote the growth of a dense canopy. Traditionally, pollarding occurs in pasture systems, as pruning a tree at this height prevents wildlife from eating fresh shoots
• Coppicing – This is a woodland management technique which involves regularly cutting trees down to near ground level and allowing them to regenerate. This produces a sustainable source of timber
• Crown Thinning – A dense canopy in gardens around Cobham, Godalming and Weybridge can block out light as effectively as a brick wall. Our tree surgery experts remove select branches to improve light filtration, as well as reducing the sail effect of heavy crowns during windy conditions, which prevents the risk of trees falling on properties and passersby
• Crown Reduction – This form of pruning enables us to reduce the amount of mechanical stress on individual limbs of a tree, or even the entire tree. It also helps to control the spread and height of a canopy, ensuring that it remains suited to its immediate environment
• Felling – If other forms of tree surgery cannot save a tree from disease or falling, sometimes felling is necessary. We perform directional felling in wide open spaces around Cobham, Cranleigh and Godalming, where a tree can safely fall in a predetermined direction without the risk of personal injury or property damage. However, if you live in Guildford, Weybridge or the surrounding areas and have a tree in your back garden that’s too close to your house for directional felling, we can perform sectional dismantling. This entails ascending the tree using rigging equipment and harnesses to take it down in sections, working from the top to the bottom
We also perform stump grinding on felled trees, for your convenience.